A new office for the Alumni Association

The University of Kelaniya, from its establishment in 1875 as the Vidyalankara Pirivena, and through its course of becoming a state university in 1959, the undergraduates of the university has reaped the benefits of all the opportunities under various subjects offered to them. The graduates of the university of Kelaniya has fulfilled the goal of becoming an asset to the country as well as to the world by ensuring their future success as respectable, intelligent and educated graduates. The Alumni Association of the University of Kelaniya is formed to serve and support the well-being of the University of Kelaniya.
In an official ceremony at the Senate Room held on the 19th of July 2017 under the patronage of Prof. D.M. Semasinghe, the Vice Chancellor, the keys to the new office for the Alumni Association located at the First floor of the Faculty of Graduate Studies were given out to W. Weerarathne, a member of the Alumni Association.
This event was participated by Prof. Lakshman Senevirathne, the Deputy Vice Chancellor, academic staff members and the members of the Alumni Association.