Vice-Chancellor’s Awards – 2017
The Vice-Chancellor’s awards will be presented this year too, to honour and recognize the contributions made by the academic staff in the spheres of research, innovations, literature, creative work and internationalization. In order to evaluate these contributions, applications are called from the members of the permanent academic staff and from the faculties of this University and its affiliated institutions for the following awards.
Faculty / Institute-wise awards
- The most outstanding 03 researchers in the Faculty /Institute (First, Second and Third)
- The most outstanding 03 young researchers in the Faculty / Institute (First, Second and Third)
- The recipient of the highest amount of external research grants in the Faculty / Institute
- The researcher with the highest number of publications in the Faculty / Institute in journals indexed in Arts and Humanities Citation Index, Science Citation Index or Social Science Citation Index, Thomson Reuters Master Journal list, Publons, Scopus, 4* journals listed in ABS academic journal list and A* journals listed in ABDC journals list. However, journals identified as predatory journals will not be considered.
- The best 03 innovators / inventors in the university (First, Second and Third)
- The academic with outstanding creative production in drama/theatre/ single episode Tele-dramas, musical compositions/musical videos, short films/documentary productions, dancing, arts & design in the university.
- The academic with outstanding creative literary work in the university which include Novels, Short Stories, or Poetry.
- The best promoter of international relations in the university
- The researcher with the highest number of publications from university (internal) research grants
- The Faculty with the most number of research papers presented in research conferences/symposia organized by it and its departments/ centers/units
In addition to above awards, Vice-Chancellor’s awards will be presented this year too, to the members of the staff who have brought honour to the University by winning national and international prestigious awards and to the academic staff who have provided commendable voluntary service to the university.
Activities conducted between the period of 01 November 2016 and 31 October 2017 will be considered for this year’s awards. Please note that individual academic staff who submit applications for any of the above awards must have Google Scholar citation profiles which have been made public, and ResearchGate Accounts.
The applications together with self-assessment and the relevant documentary evidence should reach the Vice-Chancellor’s office before 4.00 pm on 31st October 2017.
The Staff members are requested to submit the details of such awards too, together with documentary evidence by 4.00 p.m. on 31st October 2017. All applications have to be submitted through the relevant Head of Department and Dean of the Faculty.
The awards ceremony will be held on 2 January 2018.
Prof. D.M. Semasinghe