Welcome to the ICBI 2012 3rd International Conference website. This main theme of the Conference is
MANAGING BUSINESS: Challenges & Opportunities in the 21st Century
Here you will find all you need to know about the Conference, the exciting programme, the call for submissions, the venue and the wonderful attractions of the city of Kelaniya and of the country of Sri Lanka.
In order to view this page you need Flash Player 9+ support!
Koshy Mathai is the IMF’s resident representative to Sri Lanka and Maldives and recently served as its mission chief for Fiji. He took up his posting in Colombo in October 2009, before which he was based in Washington, where he worked on a range of countries including the U.S., Turkey, and Zambia. He has been at the IMF for thirteen years. He completed his bachelors degree at Harvard and his Ph.D. at Stanford, both in economics.
The conference invites original, unpublished research papers from academia and industry on Contemporary Trends in Management Opportunities and Challenges having the following tracks. However papers beyond listed areas but relevant to the theme are also welcome.
1. Strategic Management
2. Human Resource Management
3. Marketing Management
4. Accounting and Finance
5. Information Technology
6. International Business
7. Corporate Governance
8. Supply Chain Management
9. Operation Management
10. Entrepreneurship & small business
Call for Papers
The dynamics of the corporate world are constantly throwing up new global challenges. Today, the foundation of business practice are highly being questioned and re-examined very closely against several dimensions of global challenges and current economic and financial issues. New technologies and new ideas at work are demolishing established notions and practices like never before. 21st century challenges are calling for a 21st century style of management. Globalization has many dimensions and presents many challenges: how do deal with these in the current challenges for managers. The Faculty of Commerce & Management studies, University of Kelaniya is very pleased to announce the International Conference that seek to provide a platform to assess, review and explore new global challenges of the 21st century with a view to converting these into potential business opportunities.
Objectives of Conference
1. To strengthen the vision and understanding of the upcoming trends in management.
2. To discuss the challenges and opportunities on strategic front for the global competitiveness.
3. To influence the key policy makers to incorporate modern solutions to contentious issues in the development of industry and entrepreneurship as a whole.
4. To improve the capacity of delegates to introduce, implement and advocate the effective management policies and practices in their community and regions.
5. To encourage authentic research work in the applied areas.
Dr. Wasanthi Madurapperuma,PhD (Reading,UK)
Dr. C.N. Wickramasinghe,
Submission of Abstracts
Notification of Acceptance
Deadline for Full Paper Submission